Thursday, November 14, 2013

Travel

On the 12th, the day I left for Tanzania, I did not go into the village. It was too far out and I would not of had time. There was nothing for me to do at the hospital, so I walked to the town. I took pictures and sat in a local restaurant while waiting to go. I visited with one of the young volunteers who served as a translates. It was a delightful visit.
Then off to Tanzania. I left by car about 1:00, arriving at t he airport by 5:00. My plane left at 8:40. Check in and customs went without a hitch, tho once again I lost a knife to tsa. I arrived in Kenya, Nairobi at about 3:00 ( 5:00 Nairobi time ) and sat till I left for Kilimanjaro at 9:00. I was met by a young Swahili and guided to my car and driver and we set off for the resort. We left about 11:00 and above at the resort by 3:30. Now after 26 hrs of traveling. We set out directly into the park, and I spent 3-4 hrs looking. In awe.
I returned to the lodge where I ate with elephants. 
Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a long day of traveling but it sure is worth it. Looks like you are having a great time. cant wait to hear all about your trip

    ReplyDelete